Portugal Residency by investing in Real Estate
One of the most attractive options is the ability to apply for permanent residency after 5 years and citizenship after 6 years without the need to reside in Portugal. In fact, the applicant and their family need only visit for two weeks every two years in order to renew the Portuguese Golden Visa. In Portugal citizenship can be granted without the applicant having resided in the country. However the investor having acquired residency through the golden visa programme will need to demonstrate ties to the country and pass a basic language test. Citizenship of Portugal and a second passport conveys the right to live, work and study anywhere in the European Union. The Portuguese residency card granted through the golden visa programme allows the holder to travel throughout the EU Schengen zone.
The key benefits are:
- Minimum Investment €500,000
- Property can be rented for Income
- Joint Buyers can combine investments into one property
- Resident permit for yourself, spouse, dependent children, Parents & parents in law.
- Eligible for passport after 5 years.
- Visa-free travel to Schengen countries from the beginning.
- No Requirement to Reside in Portugal.
- No taxes on income earned outside Portugal.
- No educational qualification required.
- No English language requirement.
- No point system.
- You can sell the property after 5 years once you get the permanent residence.
- The amount you will invest in real estate is yours. If at any stage you change your mind, you can sell the property & walk out of this program.